I’ve mentioned before that I’m the baby of the family. I have 3 older brothers and 2 older sisters. I’ve also mentioned before that my brothers used to tease/torment me a LOT while I was growing up.The brother just above me, is three years older than me.
He used to blow up my Barbies by taping some sort of firecracker to them. Oh, but first would cut off all their hair! So mean! He teased me mercilessly about whatever hair style I had my hair in, or just about the extra long length of my hair (all the way down to my butt!). He always remembered humiliating things I did and would never let me live them down.
Like the one time I made fabulous chocolate cookies while my family was gone and I was home by myself. I was probably 8 or 9 and so proud of myself for making the cookies from start to finish, all alone. Well, my mom had bought a giant case of cinnamon and had poured it into a canning jar and it looked just like cocoa.
- 2 cups cooled cooked quinoa
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, mini chocolate chips and quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, egg, yogurt, and vanilla. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Divide among muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!