I LOVE fruit cobblers! This peach cobbler recipe is one of my very favorites. It’s slow cooked right in the crock pot and has few ingredients, making it a super simple and easy dessert! I like to use fresh peaches in the summertime but it’s also great with canned peaches. It’s amazing when served with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, yum!
So… I did something crazy this week.
I took my youngest three boys to the grocery store. It was quite the trip. Lots of “are they all yours?” and “you have your hands full” comments. I usually try to go on Saturdays when my husband is home from work and can watch them because it’s a gosh darn hassle to take them.
The one good thing I have going for me is bribery. So, I found myself slowly gravitating to the bakery section and asking the bakery worker for a cookie for each of my boys. One chocolate chip cookie for each equals peace & quiet for a good 5 minutes. Please tell me I’m not alone in this?! Do you feed your kids while grocery shopping?
Anyway, while I was in the bakery aisle, I saw this pre-made, yucky looking peach cobbler thing. Gross. But it reminded me of this awesome recipe! I hustled my kids to the produce section and grabbed some peaches and off I went! This is the yummiest summertime dessert! I hope you’ll give it a try. It really is tasty, easy and SO much better than those nasty pre-made versions in the grocery store bakery. 😉
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- 4 cups sliced peaches fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup peach juice or water
- 1/3 cup buttermilk baking mix such as Bisquick
- 2/3 cup dry quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Lightly spray the bottom of slow cooker with cooking spray. Place sliced peaches in bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix together baking mix, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour mixture over peaches. Pour peach juice or water in the slow cooker and lightly stir everything together.
- Cook on LOW for at least 5 hours. (I like to crack the lid for the last 15-30 minutes of cooking to get the top crisper.)
- Serve with frozen yogurt or ice cream and enjoy!