I freaking love hamburgers. I never could/would be a vegetarian because I love me a good, juicy burger.
Oh, and happy 4th of July!! What are your plans tonight? Are you grilling out like everyone else? If you are, I have the yummiest turkey burger recipe for you!
My MIL and hubby’s two little brothers came into town early this morning and we’re planning on spending the entire day lounging on the beach, grilling out and then hitting up the firework scene later. Woot woot!
I’m actually not that big into fireworks. Are you? I like them for like 2 minutes and then I get bored. And cold… and I can’t sit still for the life of me. So basically, I have 4th of July ADHD.
The last few years, I’ve stayed home and let my hubby take my older boys out to see the fireworks while I stay home with the little dudes. And I have been totally fine with that. Not sure what tonight will be like, though.
What are your plans? I’ll be devouring these little beauties for dinner, that’s for sure. They are the best, most flavorful turkey burgers I’ve had.
I love pesto. I’ve made these beef pesto burgers several times and love using my awesome homemade pesto. You know how turkey burgers can be sort of lackluster and boring? These are NOT. They are moist, flavorful and ridiculously delish. My whole family loves them and I can’t wait to make them again!
Happy 4th of July!!
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2½ Tbsp. pesto
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- hamburger buns
- mozzarella slices
- sliced tomatoes
- any other toppings you like!
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using your hands, mix together ground turkey, pesto, cilantro, green onions and salt and pepper. Pat into 4 patties, making a little indentation in the center of each patty.
- Place onto preheated grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Place each patty on a bun and top with mozzarella, tomatoes and any other favorite toppings! Devour and enjoy!