Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
If you love pesto and pasta, you will devour this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe! It's so quick and easy to make, only has a couple of ingredients and tastes amazing!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 lb. penne pasta or other favorite pasta
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast fillets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup pesto homemade or my favorite store-brand is Filippo Berio
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Fresh basil diced for topping
- Parmesan cheese grated for topping
Cook the pasta according to the packaging directions.
Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a big cast iron pot. Season the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper. Sear the chicken until golden brown.
Pour in whipping cream, pesto, parmesan cheese and chicken broth. Simmer for a few minutes, until reduced a bit.
Toss in drained and cooked pasta. Top with fresh grated parmesan and chopped basil.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 456mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 1.5g