Pasta Primavera lightened up and filled with veggies for a healthy and light meatless dinner!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 lb. asparagus cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots shaved with a peeler
- 1 9-oz can/jar artichoke hearts
- S & P
- 1 13.25-oz box spaghetti (I love Dreamfield's Healthy Carb)
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% evaporated milk
Warm oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
Add asparagus, bell pepper, carrots, and artichoke hearts. Season with salt and pepper and increase heat. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti. When nearly done, set aside 1 1/2 cups cooking water, then drain pasta. Toss pasta with veggies in skillet. Reduce heat to medium.
Add 1 cup of pasta water, lemon zest, mustard, parmesan, and evaporated milk. Cook until creamy, adding more pasta water if it gets too dry. Taste and season if necessary.
Top with extra parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy!