Healthy Homemade Granola Parfait
Amazing healthier granola layered as a parfait with berries, yogurt and a bit of dark chocolate.
- 6 c. uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2 c. sliced almonds
- 1 c. shredded coconut
- 1 c. roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed or more if you like it!
- 1 Tbsp. wheat germ or more if you like it!
- 1/2 c. coconut oil melted
- 1 c. honey
- Greek yogurt
- strawberries sliced
- chopped dark chocolate optional (I used chopped dark chocolate chips)
Mix first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Melt your coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave (about 30 seconds to 1 minute). Add the honey and mix. Pour over oat mixture and stir.
Pour on a cookie sheet and spread into an even layer.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes, then stir it and let bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. (Your kitchen is going to smell SO GOOD!!)
Let granola cool. Store in an airtight container. (FYI - makes many servings of granola)
When ready to assemble, place yogurt in bottom of glass. Add a layer of granola, then chopped dark chocolate, then berries and repeat. Dig in and enjoy!