Creamy Avocado Tortellini Recipe
Deliciously creamy avocado pasta sauce tossed with cooked tortellini, for a delicious pasta vegetarian dinner!
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk plus more if needed by tablespoon
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne or more to taste
- 1 20-oz bag refrigerated tortellini, any kind
- shaved parmesan for serving
- cracked black pepper for serving
In a blender or food processor, puree avocados, spinach, evaporated milk, lime juice and garlic until completely blended.
Pour mixture into saucepan and heat on medium-low. Add in salt, pepper, and cayenne. Taste and add seasonings to taste.
Meanwhile, heat salted water in a large pot and cook tortellini per package directions. Drain water from pasta.
When avocado mixture is warm and heated through, toss with drained pasta and serve with cracked black pepper and shaved parmesan. Enjoy!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4.7g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 23IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 17mg