Italian Salsa Verde Recipe
This flavorful Italian Salsa Verde is perfect served with cheese & bread or over steak or fish!
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup packed Italian parsley roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tsp. capers drained
- 2 Chicken of the Sea Sardines in Water
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard or more to taste
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
Heat 2 Tbsp, olive oil in a skillet and add garlic. Stir frequently until garlic is fragrant, be careful to not burn! Take off heat and set aside.
Combine parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, capers, sardines and Dijon mustard in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
Add olive oil through the top opening while blending until it reaches desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Serve over steak, fish, or on toasted bread with cheese. Enjoy!