Creamy Pumpkin Pasta (Skinny & Vegetarian)
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta that's vegetarian, skinny, easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne pepper if desired
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- 1 lb. whole wheat linguine or other favorite pasta/zucchini noodles
In a skillet, melt butter in olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and stir until translucent. Add garlic and stir until fragrant.
Pour onion and garlic mixture into a blender (I used a Vitamix). Add pumpkin, 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk, 3/4 tsp. salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon (and cayenne if desired). Blend until smooth. If too thick, continue adding evaporated milk until consistency desired. Taste and add any extra salt or seasonings.
Pour mixture back into skillet and heat over medium until bubbling. Cook until sauce is the thickness preferred. Add in parmesan cheese and let melt.
Add in cooked and drained pasta. Toss to coat. Serve with extra parmesan cheese. Enjoy!