Caramelized Butternut Squash
Caramelized Butternut Squash makes the tastiest side dish! It's one of the best ways to cook butternut squash.
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 2 medium butternut squash about 4-5 pounds total
- 1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- cayenne pepper to taste (omit if preferred)
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Get out a large baking sheet and set aside.
Peel the squash and cut off the ends. Slice lengthwise and remove the seeds inside. Cut the squash into about 1 1/2 inches cubes and set on baking sheet.
Pour the melted butter, Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, salt, pepper and cayenne. Using your hands, toss to coat the squash evenly.
Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for about 45 mins, or until the squash is tender and caramelized, stirring a few times while cooking.
Taste and season as necessary. Serve immediately. Enjoy!