Easy Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Mousse that's easy to make with only 5 simple ingredients. You won't believe how creamy & delicious it is!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend or 1/4 cup sugar
- extra whipped cream optional for serving
- chocolate shavings optional for serving
Place chocolate chips in a large bowl set over a bain marie or over a double broiler at a low simmer, stirring until melted. Pull off heat and set aside.
Whip cold whipping cream until soft peaks form. Beat in powdered sugar and set aside. With a mixer, whip egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until glossy and thickened.
Carefully whisk the egg whites into the melted chocolate, until mostly incorporated. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate/egg mixture. Scoop into serving dishes and refrigerate for an hour.
Top with extra whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Serve and enjoy!