Thai Coconut Soup
Make your favorite Thai take-out at home with this easy Thai Coconut Soup!
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass cut into large chunks
- 3 13.5-oz cans lite coconut milk
- 1 8-oz container sliced button mushrooms
- 1 lb. large shelled and deveined shrimp
- juice from 1/2 lime
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- cooked basmati rice for serving
- cilantro for serving if desired
- chopped peanuts for serving if desired
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the red curry paste and ginger for 1 minute.
Stir in chicken broth and lemongrass pieces. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
Carefully take out lemongrass pieces with a slotted spoon, throw away.
Add coconut milk and mushrooms. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until mushrooms are softened.
Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through. Stir in lemon and lime juice and salt (taste and add more if needed).
Place a few scoops of cooked warm rice in the bottom of a bowl and pour soup on top. Top with chopped cilantro and peanuts and serve. Enjoy!