Skinny Chicken and Rice Casserole
Easy Skinny Chicken and Rice Casserole using NO cream soups and made in about 30 minutes!
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4-5 green onions diced
- 1 14-oz pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice I used instant
- 1 5.3-oz fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a skillet, heat oil. Add green onions and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
Add chicken. Sprinkle with flour. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
Add brown rice. Fold in Greek yogurt, mayo and salt and pepper. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and it's bubbly around the edges.