Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad
Easy salad filled with fresh veggies, chicken, ramen noodles and a delicious healthy dressing.
- 2 3-oz packages ramen noodles (toss the flavor packets)
- 2 lbs. cooked chicken sliced or cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 cup trimmed snow peas
- 1 8-oz package sliced mushrooms
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 15-oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup orange juice I used fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- sesame seeds to garnish
Lightly break up noodles and cook in boiling water until just soft (careful not to overcook!). Do not use the flavor packets. Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
Prepare vegetables and place in a bowl. Add noodles and oranges.
In a jar or other covered container, combine the juice, oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Shake to combine. Pour over salad when ready to eat and toss. Enjoy!
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 250mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g