Double Chocolate Avocado Cookies
Delicious chocolate chip cookies made using mashed avocado in place of butter.
Servings: 2 -3 dozen
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia or 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup avocado mashed or pureed in the food processor
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
In a standing mixer bowl, blend the brown sugar and Truvia. Slowly beat in the coconut oil. Add in the mashed or blended avocado, egg whites, and vanilla. Blend on low speed until smooth.
Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and blend on low speed until the dough is just combined. Dough will be crumbly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 300º F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Roll the dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and bake for 17-19 minutes (do not over bake!) Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool. Enjoy!
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 87mg | Sugar: 3.3g