Raspberry-Chocolate Protein Bars
Healthy DIY Protein Bars with raspberries
Servings: 6 -8 bars
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/3 cup blue agave or honey
- 1 cup instant rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder I use CytoSport 100% whey
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/2 cup raspberries or blueberries work too! Also, you can leave them out if you don't like fruit in your protein bars.
Mix peanut butter and agave or honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until a consistent, smooth texture.
Take off heat and pour in oats, protein and flaxseed. Stir until totally combined. Finally, fold in raspberries.
Spread into a (5x9 inch) loaf pan and press down so it's a flat. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
After an hour, take out bars from freezer and cut into long bars (or squares). Using wax or parchment paper to separate the bars, place in a plastic air-tight container in the refrigerator. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9.5g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 40mg | Sugar: 10g