The Best Ever Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Barley Soup
Healthy and delicious soup full of tender vegetables, beef and flavorful broth.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 -1 lbs beef stew meat
- 10 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 4 potatoes about 3 lbs peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1-1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and brown. Place into crock pot.
In the crock pot, combine broth, carrots, celery, potatoes, barley, and herbs. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. During the last thirty minutes, add frozen peas. Scoop into bowls and serve with french bread. Enjoy!