Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya
Chicken Jambalaya cooked in the slow cooker that's low calorie, tastes great and fills you up!
Servings: 4 -6
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 8 ounces smoked turkey sausages halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2" slices (you can find these in the aisle with the hot dogs)
- 2 bell peppers sliced into strips
- 1 onion sliced into circles and then quartered
- 1 14.5-oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounce package jambalaya rice mix I used Tony Chachere's
Place sliced peppers and onions in the bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken strips and turkey sausage.
Add water and undrained tomatoes.
Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5-6 hours or high heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. (I cooked it on the high heat setting for almost 3 hours)
Stir in rice. (If using low heat setting, turn it to high at this point) Cover and cook about 45 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid absorbed.
Dish up in bowls and ENJOY!