Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing
This Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing is the perfect salad for summer with marinated and grilled chicken, grilled romaine, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, avocado, blue cheese and bacon. Don’t forget the avocado dressing!
Servings: 4 people
Yogurt Chicken Marinade:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 large California Avocado
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup water
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Cobb Salad Ingredients:
- 2 romaine lettuce heads halved
- 6 slices bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 container cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 large California Avocado sliced
Combine all the chicken marinade ingredients into a large resealable bag and refrigerate for three hours or longer.
In a blender, combine the Avocado Dressing ingredients. Taste and season if needed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
When ready to assemble salad, preheat outdoor grill (or indoor) to medium heat. Grill marinated chicken breasts until cooked through and no longer pink (165 degrees internally). Let rest for a few minutes and then cut into slices.
Coat romaine halves with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until lightly charred.
On a large plate or platter, place sliced chicken, charred romaine lettuce, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced hard boiled eggs, crumbled bacon pieces, sliced avocado and blue cheese. Serve with Avocado Dressing and enjoy!