Frozen Mini Key Lime Pies (with Avocado!)
These bite-sized, no-bake Key Lime Pies have creamy avocados swirled in with homemade ice cream filling, tart lime juice, and sweet graham cracker crumble crust.
Servings: 6 mini pies
Ice Cream Maker
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 cup diced California Avocado about 1 large or 2 medium sized avocados
- 1/2 cup key lime juice fresh
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 mini graham cracker crusts (one 4-oz package from the grocery store, found in the baking aisle)
Pour heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan. Heat on low heat until just warm enough to dissolve sugar. Pour in sugar and stir until dissolved. Do NOT let the cream boil or get too hot! Let mixture cool in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile in a food processor or good blender, combine avocado, lime juice and softened cream cheese. Blend until thoroughly combined. Add in cooled cream mixture and mix again.
Place avocado/cream cheese mixture into a prepared ice cream maker and cream for 20-25 minutes. When finished, place mixture into prepared graham cracker crusts and freeze for an hour or until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, take out of freezer for a few minutes to let soften and serve. Enjoy!
*recipe adapted from Allrecipes
*nutrition facts from My Fitness Pal app
Serving: 1mini pie | Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 267mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1350IU | Vitamin C: 10.7mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 0.5mg