A crust of flour tortillas and a filling of refried beans, shredded rotisserie chicken and salsa. Top it off with a little enchilada sauce and cheese and you got yourself an incredible Mexican Pizza for dinner!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 pizzas
- 1 16 oz can low-fat refried beans (you may not need the entire can)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas fajita or taco size
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce (you will only need about half a can)
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Warm up beans in a small bowl in the microwave. Combine chicken and salsa in another bowl and warm it up in the microwave.
To toast the tortillas, either heat oil in a skillet and fry both sides of the tortilla, or spray both sides of tortilla with cooking spray and heat on skillet (my preferred method).
Lay four of the toasted tortillas on a large baking sheet. Spread with about 2 tablespoons of refried beans on each tortilla. Top with the salsa/chicken mixture, evenly dividing it among the four tortillas. Top with another toasted tortilla.
Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the top of each tortilla. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, evenly dividing it among the four pizzas. Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Cut into triangles and serve immediately. Enjoy!