Mexican Pizza is the quickest, easiest dinner idea the whole family will love! Get the recipe and then enter the ultimate cookbook giveaway below!
What could be better than pizza Mexican style? Pretty much nothing. 😉
When I got my hands on a copy of Mom on Timeout’s new cookbook 100 Creative Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken, Mexican Pizza was one of the first recipes I saw. I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that my boys would rejoice over such a recipe! Glory to Mexican food!
We take “Taco Tuesday” very seriously in my house. It tends to extend to other days of the week, too. I’m all over Mexican food recipes and this one, my friends, is a MUST make!
It’s almost like a Mexican Calzone, with a crust of flour tortillas and a filling of refried beans, shredded rotisserie chicken and salsa. Top it off with a little enchilada sauce and cheese, bake for a few minutes and you got yourself an incredible Mexican Pizza for dinner!
This cookbook is awesome for many reasons:
- Every recipe uses rotisserie chicken. Store bought rotisserie chickens are perfect for a busy mom or dad to grab on the way home from work or to buy when planning meals, shred and refrigerate or freeze for using later.
- All the recipes are simple and easy. Honest!
- All the recipes have few ingredients, and most of them are ones you probably already have in your cupboard!
- I haven’t tried all 100 recipes but the several that I did try, I LOVED. I’m willing to bet all the recipes in this cookbook are incredible!
There are 99 more delicious chicken recipes in 100 Creative Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken like Coconut Curry Chicken, Salsa Chicken Quinoa Casserole (my favorite!) or Chicken Zucchini Stuffed Shells. Trust me, they’re all yummy! Grab yourself a copy now on Amazon.
- 1 16 oz can low-fat refried beans (you may not need the entire can)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas fajita or taco size
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce (you will only need about half a can)
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Warm up beans in a small bowl in the microwave. Combine chicken and salsa in another bowl and warm it up in the microwave.
- To toast the tortillas, either heat oil in a skillet and fry both sides of the tortilla, or spray both sides of tortilla with cooking spray and heat on skillet (my preferred method).
- Lay four of the toasted tortillas on a large baking sheet. Spread with about 2 tablespoons of refried beans on each tortilla. Top with the salsa/chicken mixture, evenly dividing it among the four tortillas. Top with another toasted tortilla.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the top of each tortilla. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, evenly dividing it among the four pizzas. Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into triangles and serve immediately. Enjoy!