Healthier Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. light butter I used Land O'Lakes Light Butter with canola oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter I used Skippy Natural Creamy
- 1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- granulated sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, blend together coconut oil, light butter and peanut butter for about 1 minute, until very smooth and combined.
Add the sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes, until light in color and combined.
Gradually beat in the egg and vanilla, just until blended.
Mix in the flour and baking powder until combined together.
Scoop up a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in sugar and place on a nonstick baking sheet (or cover a baking sheet with parchment paper).
Using the tines of a fork, flatten each cookie in a cross pattern (as shown in the pictures).
Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to a rack, cool and then enjoy!
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3.3g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 17mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 3g