Easy Peanut Butter Cookies that are soft, crumbly and full of peanut butter taste. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Truvía®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Yep, ANOTHER cookie recipe. Are you sick of cookies yet? I’m pretty sure I can never get sick of cookies. Or any dessert, for that matter.
Have you seen all the cookies from Cookie Week? There were the cute little Candy Cane Cookies, a Roundup of 30+ Healthier Cookie Recipes, Eggnog Cookies with a ridiculously awesome eggnog glaze, and then yesterday was Homemade Peppermint Oreos. So much yumminess all in one week. To round it out? Easy Peanut Butter Cookies!
They’re made a bit healthier by using coconut oil, light butter, natural peanut butter and my favorite Truvía® sugars. I rarely bake with anything but Truvia. Why not save the calories and use Truvia and still get the same flavor you would with regular sugars? Makes sense to me!
I used both the Brown Sugar Blend and the Baking Blend for this recipe. I love the way these cookies turned out – soft with crispy edges and just a touch crumbly. The peanut butter flavor is just the perfect amount. The crispy sugar on the outside is the best part! They have only 104 calories and 3.3 grams of protein each. Not bad for a cookie, right?!
These are definitely cookies I will make again and again. They’re great for the holidays but also great for any day. Have you tried baking with Truvia yet?
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. light butter I used Land O'Lakes Light Butter with canola oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter I used Skippy Natural Creamy
- 1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, blend together coconut oil, light butter and peanut butter for about 1 minute, until very smooth and combined.
- Add the sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes, until light in color and combined.
- Gradually beat in the egg and vanilla, just until blended.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until combined together.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in sugar and place on a nonstick baking sheet (or cover a baking sheet with parchment paper).
- Using the tines of a fork, flatten each cookie in a cross pattern (as shown in the pictures).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to a rack, cool and then enjoy!
Looking for more easy cookie recipes? Try these too:
More Peanut Butter Cookies from friends: