Looking for an easy meal to throw together in the crock pot before a busy day? This Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken is simple, delicious and perfect for a no-fuss dinner on a hectic night.
I came armed with a purse full of fruit snack packets so I gave them to the boys, hoping to keep them quiet for the rest of the movie. It was at about this point that both my little toddlers decide to make their way to the end of the aisle and sit on the stairs. (Annoyed people had moved at that point). Then my three year old starts saying “I tooted mom!” over and over really loudly, with my two year old laughing hysterically at him. Awesome.
That was when my husband took them both out of the theater and I finally got to enjoy the movie with my two older boys for the last ten minutes. Moral of this story: Don’t take toddler boys to the movies until they’re at least old enough to enjoy it. 🙂
What’s easy to enjoy, is this Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken. It’s super simple to throw in the crock pot. It cooks all day and then you have a healthy, delicious meal to devour after a long, busy day. I hope you love it as much as my family did!
- 1½ cups sliced carrots
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 4-6 chicken breasts, cubed
- 8-oz can pineapple chunks in juice
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. instant chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with tapioca. Add chicken.
- In a separate bowl, combine pineapple (and juice), brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, bouillon and salt. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender. Sever over cooked rice and enjoy!