These Hawaiian Meatballs are made with a ground beef mixture that includes graham cracker crumbs, then cooked with an easy tangy sweet and sour sauce, pineapple tidbits and green peppers. 30 minute or less meal!
There have been lots of train tracks built, many lego towns put together, and a million forts made in my family room. While I’m not crazy about the change in daylight hours, it is fun to have some time inside with my boys. But the last thing I want to do, is spend hours cooking dinner.
Start to finish, these meatballs are cooked in 30 minutes or less! They have a yummy sweet and sour sauce sauce mixed in with pineapple and green peppers. The meatballs themselves are delicious. Instead of using bread crumbs or oatmeal as a binding agent, they use graham cracker crumbs. Together, the combo of the meatballs and sauce is to die for. Your family will love it!
- 1-1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- ⅔ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup onion, minced small
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 (15.25-oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained, reserving juice
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- cooked rice, for serving
- Mix beef, graham cracker crumbs, onion, egg, salt, ginger and milk in a large bowl. Shape into 1" balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Brown meatballs in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl. Stir in reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Stir until smooth and pour into frying pan. Cook until thickened.
- Add meatballs, pineapple and green peppers and heat through. Serve over rice. Enjoy!