Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2-1 tsp. almond extract depending on how much almond taste you like!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds.
- In another small bowl, combine the beaten egg, milk, oil and almond extract. Add the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown on edges and the tops spring back when touched. ENJOY!!
- *To turn these into lemon poppy seed muffins, replace the almond extract with lemon extract and add a few drops of yellow food coloring, if desired.