Happy almost Halloween!!
Are you dressing up? I have been in such a bah humbug sort of Halloween mood. I feel like Halloween stretches on and on and on. There’s a Halloween party every weekend during the month of October, for goodness sake! Whatever. At least it’s a holiday about candy. 😉
Speaking of sweets, my mom used to make chocolate crinkle cookies all the time when I was a kid. They were always one of my favorite treats. Have you ever made them before?
I sort of amped them up by putting candy inside the middle for a little surprise treat when you bit into it. And you never know what kind of candy you’ll bite into, hence the “surprise” crinkle cookies.
The cookie above has half of a miniature Milky Way inside. Love the ooey gooey caramel in the center. I went a little crazy and tried M&M’s, Twix, Crunch bar, Reese’s, Almond Joy… you name it. I think the Milk Way was my favorite. 🙂
After the craziness of Halloween, you need to make these cookies to use up all your candy lying around. You will instantly fall in love.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- candies cut into bite size pieces
- powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, coconut oil and sugars. Blend together.
- Then add vanilla, flour, soda, salt and baking soda. Stir together and then add in the eggs last.
- Take two small pieces of dough, place a piece of candy in the center and smooth dough around it. Roll into a ball and then roll in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 12 cookies at a time on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then carefully remove and let cool. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive secrets – 5 Secrets to Yummy & Healthy! Click HERE to join!
For even more great ideas follow me on: