Baked Funfetti Donuts aka Birthday Donuts because it’s MY BIRTHDAY!! These homemade donuts are made with healthier ingredients and baked. Only 132 calories per donut and every bite has fun rainbow sprinkles!
It’s my BIRTHDAY today!! I’m finally 21! Ha, joking! 😉 I wish I was still that young, but somehow time keeps ticking forward, lol! I wanted to post something yummy today to celebrate the occasion. I haven’t posted a breakfast for awhile.
I’ve been pretty focused with meal prepping and planning lately so most of my breakfasts are green smoothies or protein shakes. But it’s my Birthday, so Birthday Donuts it is!
All four of my boys love donuts. At least once a month we grab donuts on a Saturday morning. 🙂 It’s pretty funny how all four of my boys like different flavors. My favorite kind are the cake donuts. I don’t even like cake that much, but a cake donut? Bring it on!
This is what’s so great about making homemade baked donuts. They’re (obviously) not fried but they’re baked, which makes them denser than a fried donut. Some people might not care for that texture as much, but I happen to love them.
You’ll need two donut pans for this, but you can always use one and just do it in two batches. The batter is very easy to make for these Birthday Donuts. It essentially uses only one bowl and takes like 5-10 minutes tops to mix up.
I decided to make my glaze pink for my Birthday Donuts, but if food coloring isn’t your thing, feel free to leave the glaze white. Top with a few extra rainbow sprinkles to make them festive! These are a great way to surprise a special someone on the morning of their Birthday! But they’re also fun anytime of the year or even on Valentine’s Day, which is also coming up!
Baked Funfetti Donuts (Birthday Donuts!)
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk can also use almond, soy, etc
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 Tbsp. skim milk
- Pink food coloring optional
- Extra rainbow sprinkles for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray 2 (six-count) donut pans with cooking spray, generously.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until blended. Add butter, vanilla and Truvia (or sugar) and mix together until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and pour into batter and combine. Add milk and stir until smooth. Add in rainbow sprinkles and stir.
- Spoon batter into prepared donut pans. Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Be careful not to overcook or they'll get dry.) Let cool for a few minutes and then tip pan over onto a cooling tray and cool.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk together and whisk until combined and there are no lumps. Add food coloring if desired. When donuts are cooled, dip in glaze and top with extra rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!
If you liked this Donut recipe, you might like these too:
Baked Biscuit Donuts with Strawberry Glaze
Baked Apple Donuts with Maple Glaze
Happy birthday!!! I officially need a donut pan. These look so fun and would make me feel a little less guilty about my donut obsession!
Nicole Johnson says
Happy Birthday, friend!! These donuts look amazing, and my favorite is also a cake donut with vanilla frosting and sprinkles. Every time. Next time I see ya I’ll bring a couple for us! <3 Hopefully before too long!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
These are so gorgeous, Jen! Happy Birthday!! xoxo
Karen @ The Food Charlatan says
Ok these are adorable! Sprinkles. They get me every time. Happy happy birthday Jen!!!