EASY Cauliflower Soup that’s super healthy but doesn’t taste healthy (hint: YUM! Vegetarian, gluten-free, paleo and clean eating).
Happy Monday! Well, it’s a brand new week. Can’t say I’m too excited.
Do you ever have a really busy weekend and then finally sit down to relax on Sunday night just to realize your upcoming week is so super packed with things that you can’t even begin to think about it? #helpme #sendchocolate
We have 5th grade science fair AND cub scouts pinewood derby this week. How is that fair to have both in one week?! Seems to me like the boy scouts and the school should have cleared it before planning both things in the same week. 😉
Not to mention baseball practices, baseball games, dental and orthodontist appointments. Yeah, just shoot me now.
But it’s okay, because I have some freezer meals and this leftover Cauliflower Soup to eat all week. I just might make it through.
This soup is so tasty! I love cauliflower. I’m a fan of the texture and taste but I also love how inexpensive it is. This cauliflower soup is super cheap to make and is so healthy. It’s gluten free, vegetarian, clean and paleo. It hardly takes any time to make and makes a big pot full. Perfect soup for surviving a cold night. And a long week. 😉 Enjoy!
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, diced
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- grated parmesan for serving, if desired (do not add if making paleo)
- sliced green onions for serving, if desired
- In a dutch oven pot (or heavy pot), heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cut up cauliflower and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is softened.
- Carefully pour entire contents of pot into blender (I use my Vitamix). Add salt.
- Carefully blend until smooth. Serve in bowls with grated parmesan cheese on top (if desired) and sliced green onions. Enjoy!