Easy Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls will satisfy your family and take you no time at all! It’s healthy, filling, flavorful and only has 5 ingredients!Well, baseball season has officially started in my neck of the woods. Yay. (That’s a sort of sarcastic yay, if you couldn’t tell by the period at the end. 😉 )
While I love baseball, I hate all the practices and parent meetings, etc. I have two boys playing and they both have practices at different parks on different days. So on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, I’m taking and picking up someone to and from practice somewhere. Oh and then there’s piano, homework and boys scouts on top of that! Sigh.
Okay, I’m done ranting! I am excited for them to play, though. It’s always fun to watch and see them grow. My mom always tells me to enjoy my kids now because soon they’ll be grown up and gone, so I’m trying to enjoy the busy times even though I crave the quiet. 😉
This meal is about the easiest I’ve ever made. Five ingredients, all thrown into the crock pot. Shred the chicken and scoop out some corn and beans and put either on rice or on tortillas like my husband loves. When I make this, my boys eat the entire thing. There are never any leftovers. We love it!
- 4-5 uncooked chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 (16-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25-oz) can corn (drained) OR small bag frozen corn
- 1 jar salsa
- ½ packet taco seasoning
- steamed white or brown rice, for serving
- Combine black beans, corn, and ½ of the salsa in the bottom of the crock pot. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning and then cover with the remaining salsa. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred chicken and place on bowls filled with warm steamed rice. Or serve on tortillas!
Hungry for more slow cooker meals? Check these out: