I have good news and bad news.
Bad news first: my grocery bill has literally tripled since summer has started. Holy CRAP my boys eat a LOT of food!!!!! Especially my 9-year old! Just today he ate 4 Eggo waffles, a bowl of cereal, and 2 pieces of toast. And that’s just for breakfast!
Good news: I have more helping hands who are at my beck and call to cook and then help me eat all the yummy stuff I make (so I don’t eat it all) – like this peach & blueberry cobbler. I couldn’t believe how into this cobbler they were! They usually don’t like desserts with fruit but this cobbler got their attention. To help simplify, it uses refrigerated biscuits as the topping. It really couldn’t get any easier. Or more delicious. Seriously.
My husband came home from work and finished off a good quarter of it. (Now we know where my 9-year old gets his appetite from. Because in no way would I ever eat that much. Hehe. 😉 )
Oh, and more good news? I’m teaming up with some fabulous bloggers to help Melanie from Carmel Moments celebrate her 1 year blogging anniversary! To help celebrate her hard work, we’re giving away a $200 Amazon gift card!
If you haven’t checked out Melanie’s blog, than I suggest you get your booty over and check out her amazing recipes. She is one heck of a photographer and is so super nice!
So go on. Grab this recipe for Peach & Blueberry Cobbler below and then head to the bottom of the page to enter to win!
- 2 cups fresh sliced peaches (about 4 peaches)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar or ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia sweetener
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 (12-oz) package Pillsbury Grands Jr. Biscuits, cut into fourths
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar or 2 Tbsp. Truvia
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 2 quart dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine peaches, blueberries, sugar and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Pour into prepared pan.
- Open biscuits and cut each into four pieces. Place each biscuit piece onto the top of the fruit, until it makes an even layer of biscuits and covers all the fruit.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Drizzle biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the tops.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes - until tops of biscuits are golden brown and cooked through and fruit is bubbling. Serve up into bowls or plates and enjoy!
Baking a Moment – Brunch Time Baker – Carmel Moments – Chelsea’s Messy Apron – Cooking for Keeps – Cooking on the Front Burner – Flavor the Moments – Five Heart Home – Jessiker Bakes – Kleinworth & Co. – Life Made Sweeter – Runnin Srilankan – Shared Appetite – Spicy Southern Kitchen – Yummy Healthy Easy
Giveaway: Eligible to one (1) winner residing in one of the 48 contiguous states. Must be 18 years of age to enter giveaway. Starts 12 am 6/20/2014 (EST time) and ends 12 am 7/4/2014 (EST time). To enter the giveaway, you must participate in at minimum, one of the listed entries in the widget and an email address must be provided. Winner will be announced via email and must respond to the subject line: “Congratulations! You’ve Won Carmel Moment’s Amazon Gift Card Giveaway” from [email protected] within 24 hours of deliverance. Failure to respond will forfeit your chance in winning and a new winner will be chosen. I will send the giftcard electronically to chosen winner. Please be advised items may appear different from the photo shown. Carmel Moments and its owner are not held responsible for missing/broken items received by the winner. Good luck and thank you for your entries. There will be more fun recipes, as well as giveaways coming soon! See more at http://carmelmoments.com