Be prepared to eat healthy for the week by making your meals in advance! These Meal Prep Baked Lime Chicken Bowls are not just healthy but are also delicious! Chicken breasts are cubed and marinated in a chili-lime marinade and then baked. Pair with quinoa and green beans for yummy make-ahead healthy meals!
The Spring Break countdown is ON! Twelve days until we leave on our cruise to Mexico! Eek!! I guess this officially means I need to get my workout on and diet a bit better. At the start of the new year, we started doing meal prep and meal planning but somewhere around the end of February, I sort of stopped.
I ran to the mall yesterday and tried on some swimsuits and was pretty disappointed in how they fit so I jumped right back on the meal plan train and will ride it out until the cruise, lol!
Actually today I’m leaving for a quick trip to Palm Springs with my friend and her two boys and I am SO excited! I’ve already made a big batch of Homemade Granola for us all to eat for breakfasts and I made a bunch of these Meal Prep Baked Lime Chicken Bowls for my friend and I to eat for lunches and/or dinners!
I’ve found the best way to stay on track to eating healthy is to be prepared. For me this means making meals ahead of time and making sure to eat them throughout the day. This is not always the easiest thing to do, but if you take the time to do it, you will see more success!
I’ve been trying all sorts of chicken recipes and I’ve found that marinating and baking chicken is my favorite way to meal prep. This Baked Lime Chicken is super simple to make and because the marinade includes lime juice, the chicken becomes tender and delicious.
Putting these bowls together makes an incredibly tasty and healthy meal that covers all the food group basics. You have the healthy fiber with the quinoa, the lean protein of the chicken, and a green veggie to round it all out.
Meal prepping will keep those cravings at bay and keep you on track to your health and fitness goals! I hope you not only give this Baked Lime Chicken a try but also try meal prep just to see how it works for you!
- 2-3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a large resealable bag, combine olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into cubes and add to marinade. Toss to coat. Marinate for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Pour marinated chicken onto baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with cooked quinoa and Lemon Green Beans Amandine or Roasted Brussels Sprouts (or other green vegetable). Enjoy!