Unbelievably delicious Peanut Butter Oat Balls made in minutes, with only a few ingredients. Plus a KitchenAid Mixer with Ice Cream Maker Giveaway!
My diet downfalls:
- I’m a food blogger.
- I’m a dessert “grazer”
- I’m a food blogger. Wait… I already said that. 😉
I start out on a diet plan and then wonder why the scale isn’t lowering and these three above reasons always come into play. Ha!
For one, I cook. A LOT. Yes, I predominately make “healthy” stuff, but I love sweets! I find that I actually enjoy baking more than cooking. But I think that’s pretty normal, right? So, I try not to bake. Or at least I try not to bake as much as I cook. Because baking leads to what I call, “dessert grazing”. The definition basically being that if there’s a dessert sitting around, I won’t cut off a slice of cake, or a square of brownie, but will eat a forkful here and there. Aka, graze at the dessert all. day. long. Which leads to my diets never working. Sigh.
My solution? Peanut Butter Oat Balls! These little guys are super simple to make and help you with portion control. They’re pretty filling too, so usually one ball will tide you over. They’re absolutely delicious and are a favorite everyone loves.
If you’re a fan of baking like me, then you’ll love the giveaway I have for you today! I’ve teamed up with 20 other bloggers to give away a KitchenAid Mixer with Ice Cream Maker! It’s a $530 value, you guys. I so want a new one and will be jealous to whoever wins this! So grab the recipe for my peanut butter oat balls and enter to win this awesome prize.
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup mini baking M&M's or mini chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients together either in a mixing bowl with a spoon or a Kitchen-Aid mixer with paddle attachment. Place mixture in refrigerator for about 15 minutes, or until chilled enough to roll into balls without being too sticky.
- When chilled and not as sticky, roll into balls and place on a piece of parchment paper on a plate and place in refrigerator, until set.
- Can now place balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat at your leisure. 🙂 Enjoy!
Brought to you by these awesome bloggers:
Kristin | Yellow Bliss Road
Jen | Yummy Healthy Easy
Cate | Chez Catey Lou
Jaren | Diary of a Recipe Collector
Amanda | Fake Ginger
Nicole | Or Whatever You Do
Sandra | A Dash of Sanity
Tonia | The Gunny Sack
Sara | Bitz & Giggles
Jessica | Sprinkle Some Sugar
Christine | I Dig Pinterest
Serene | House of Yumm
Mandy | Mandy’s Recipe Box
Megan | The Housewife Training Files
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor
Danae | Recipe Runner
Jenn | Deliciously Sprinkled
Maggie | The Love Nerds
Sarah | High Heels & Grills
Laura | Petite Allergy Treats
Mariah | Mariah’s Pleasing Plates