Easy and delicious salmon dinner made in 30 minutes or less!
I hardly ever cook fish.
In fact, this is the very first fish dish that’s on my blog, and I’ve been blogging for almost two years! I have one shrimp dish on here, but this is my first actual fish one.
But why, you ask? Because I’m a big baby!
I just get nervous when the time comes to cook it! I’m terrified I’ll overcook it and that the texture will be tough or that it will just be gross. And it’s not like the cheapest meat to buy! So if you screw it up, it’s like throwing money down the drain. Or, er, the trash can…either one.
So instead, I order it when we go out for dinner on date nights. That way I’m never out of my comfort zone, someone else does the dirty work, and all is good.
I put on my big girl pants and cooked it up with a little mustard & honey sauce and added a pecan/bread crumb coating on the top and OH EM GEE. I’ve got to say right now – I have never, ever had better salmon in my entire life.
Restaurant salmon ain’t got nuthin on this salmon! The salmon is tender, flakey and juicy. There’s a yummy sweet mustard tang to it, but it also has this amazing crunchy exterior that is too die for.
And speaking of falling in love, this recipe is the one you need to make for your significant other for Valentine’s Day or your Anniversary this year. He/she will fall in love with this salmon and with you all over again! (Yes, it’s that good). 🙂 If you haven’t been converted to cooking fish at home, you will be!
Pecan Crusted Honey-Mustard Salmon
- 4 4-oz salmon filets
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a small bowl, mix melted coconut oil, mustard and honey.
- In another small bowl, mix bread crumbs, pecans and parsley.
- Place salmon filets on a foil covered baking sheet. Season salmon with salt and pepper and pour the honey mixture over the tops. Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake salmon until it flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these: