Shredded Beef Sandwiches are one of my family’s favorite slow cooker dinners! Cooked right in the crock pot with an easy & flavorful sauce, makes this beef roast tender and perfect for filling sandwiches/buns!
We’re in the midst of June Gloom around here. My kids are officially out of school and yet it feels like winter in SoCal. I know I shouldn’t complain, and I think it’s supposed to be hot this weekend but I’m tired of the clouds. I wouldn’t last a minute in a place like Seattle!
Because of the weather and equally because of my laziness, 😉 my crock pot is still getting a lot of use. I feel like even when it’s hot outside, I turn to the crock pot so I don’t have to heat up my house using the oven. It’s such an easy way to have a home cooked meal on the table with very little prep work.
These Shredded Beef Sandwiches are one of my family’s very favorite dinners. I make this recipe A LOT. One of the things I love about it is that you don’t have to brown the roast beforehand. It always comes out so flavorful and delicious. The meat is super tender and yummy after cooking for hours in the slow cooker. Served on buns, rolls or bread, this is an easy dinner everyone in the family will enjoy!
It’s also great for serving with slider buns when entertaining. It’s a great snack for when you’re watching the game on the tv, since the meat stays warm in the crock pot. Serve with a squirt of BBQ sauce on the top, and it’s heaven on a bun!
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- 1 1/4 cups diced celery
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or 1 Tbsp. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3-4 pound boneless chuck roast
- hamburger buns for serving
- extra bbq sauce for serving
- Combine celery, onion, ketchup, bbq sauce, water, vinegar, Worcestershire, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a large slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add roast in slow cooker and cover. Cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours, or until meat is very tender - falling apart.
- Remove meat and shred using two forks and removing any fat.
- Return to sauce in slow cooker and heat through. Serve on buns and enjoy!
*recipe adapted from Fix It and Forget It Cookbook