Lemon Cupcakes made with only 2 Ingredients and then frosted with a quick and easy lemon frosting! You won’t believe how soft and delicious these cupcakes are. Plus a round-up of even more delicious cupcake recipes you won’t want to miss!
Happy National Cupcake Day!! All four of my boys are out of school for the next two weeks. What in the world am I going to do with them?! Technically I’ll only have three home because my oldest is going to see his dad in Utah for Christmas.
Since he’s “too cool” to do many of the same activities as my younger ones, I think I’m going to plan some more younger kid activities while he’s gone. Like taking them to Disneyland or Legoland, making gingerbread houses, and baking sugar cookies and cupcakes.
Ah, cupcakes. There’s not much else that makes you feel so accomplished as when you whip up some homemade cupcakes and homemade frosting. I’m not a very good froster, so when I get a decent swirl of frosting on the top, I feel pretty darn proud. 😉
I’ll admit I’m not much of a baker anyway. I know cake mix recipes seem to have a bad reputation but have you ever tried the old Weight Watchers recipe of adding diet soda to cake or brownie mixes (like my 2-Ingredient Strawberry Soda Cupcakes?) to cut the calories in the cake? I know it sounds crazy strange but the outcome is seriously the softest, fluffiest cake EVER! Plus, talk about easy!
I used only 2 ingredients to make the cupcakes. 1 box of lemon cake mix and Diet 7-Up. That’s it! The lemon frosting only has 4 ingredients so really you don’t need much for these lemon cupcakes. If you like lemon desserts, you will love the flavor of these lemon cupcakes! They are incredible!
The next time you need to make cupcakes for an event, you will look like a rockstar bringing in homemade lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting! And if you’re still craving more cupcake recipes, keep scrolling down for over 13 more delicious cupcake recipes just for YOU!
- 1 (12-oz) can Diet 7-up, room temperature
- 1 (15.25-oz) box lemon cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (can use half milk, half lemon juice if less lemon flavor is desired)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin tins with 18 mufifn liners and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, pour the cake mix. Pour the diet soda in slowly to the cake mix. Stir together with a whisk until all lumps are gone.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling about ¾ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together butter, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend together until all combined and smooth, adding more lemon juice/milk or powdered sugar to get the desired thickness.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and serve. Enjoy!
Now check out these 13+ Delicious Cupcake Recipes:
Delicious Cupcake Recipes Pictured Above:
- S’mores Cupcakes – Ashlee Marie
- Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes – Real Mom Kitchen
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes – Life Made Simple
- Santa Hat and Holly Wreath Cupcakes – Jamie Cooks it Up!
- Churro Cupcakes – The Baker Upstairs
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting (you’re already HERE!)
- Mint Chocolate Cupcakes – Butter With a Side of Bread
Now 8+ More Amazing Cupcake Recipes for you to enjoy…
- Red Velvet (Beet) Cupcakes
- Coconut Cream Cupcakes
- Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
- Strawberry Soda Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Maple Bacon Cupcakes
- Rootbeer Float Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peppermint Twist Cupcakes
- Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Vanilla Glazed Easter Basket Cupcakes