Lemon Cupcakes made with only 2 Ingredients and then frosted with a quick and easy lemon frosting. You won’t believe how soft and delicious these cupcakes are. They’re SO good!
Hey hey! How about some cupcakes?!
I’ll admit I’m not much of a baker.
I know cake mix recipes seem to have a bad reputation but have you ever tried the old Weight Watchers recipe of adding diet soda to cake or brownie mixes (like my 2-Ingredient Strawberry Soda Cupcakes?) to cut the calories in the cake?
I know it sounds crazy strange but the outcome is seriously the softest, fluffiest cake ever! Plus, talk about EASY!!
I used only 2 ingredients to make the cupcakes. 1 box of lemon cake mix and Diet 7-Up. That’s it!
The lemon frosting only has 4 ingredients so really you don’t need much for these lemon cupcakes. If you like lemon desserts, you will love the flavor of these lemon cupcakes! They are incredible!
The next time you need to make cupcakes for an event or just at home, you will look like a rockstar bringing in homemade lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting.
- 1 12-oz can Diet 7-up, room temperature
- 1 15.25-oz box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice can use half milk, half lemon juice if less lemon flavor is desired
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin tins with 18 mufifn liners and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, pour the cake mix. Pour the diet soda in slowly to the cake mix. Stir together with a whisk until all lumps are gone.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling about ¾ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together butter, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend together until all combined and smooth, adding more lemon juice/milk or powdered sugar to get the desired thickness.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and serve. Enjoy!