Super Easy Cheesy Enchilada Stack (recipe from Chef in Training):
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 2 (10 oz) cans red enchilada sauce
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies
- 1 bunch green onions
Cook the turkey or beef in a skillet until cooked through. Drain the fat. Stir 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the meat. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Now to assemble the stack:
- Place one tortilla on the baking sheet. Top with 1/3 of the whole beef/turkey mixture and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Top with one tortilla, half the refried beans, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 1 can drained green chilies, and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Repeat step 1 and then 2.
- Top with 1 tortilla, remaining beef mixture and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining tortilla and cover the stack with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the filling is hot.
- Uncover the stack and top with remaining enchilada sauce, cheese and green onion.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut the stack into 6 wedges.
- ENJOY!! :)