If you’ve been looking for a fabulously easy Mexican food meal your family will love with only a few ingredients, look no further! This is it! This Enchilada Stack is sooooo yummy and quick to throw together. My boys DEVOURED it! The picture above is the sliced version and the picture below shows what it looks like when it comes out of the oven. All cheesy and gooey with enchilada sauce (can you tell I’m hungry right now? 🙂 Mmmmmm…
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 2 (10 oz) cans red enchilada sauce
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies
- 1 bunch green onions
Cook the turkey or beef in a skillet until cooked through. Drain the fat. Stir 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the meat. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Now to assemble the stack:
- Place one tortilla on the baking sheet. Top with 1/3 of the whole beef/turkey mixture and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Top with one tortilla, half the refried beans, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 1 can drained green chilies, and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Repeat step 1 and then 2.
- Top with 1 tortilla, remaining beef mixture and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining tortilla and cover the stack with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the filling is hot.
- Uncover the stack and top with remaining enchilada sauce, cheese and green onion.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut the stack into 6 wedges.
- ENJOY!! 🙂