- You end up using more vegetables in your cooking = healthier dinner!
- It's a one-pan dinner = easy clean-up!
- Your house doesn't heat up just from using it (mine is the plug-in kind, not the one you use on the stove top) = perfect summer dinner!
Stir-Fried Chicken and Veggies: (Recipe adapted from here)
Click HERE for a printable version
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 (15-ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1) Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until starting to brown, stirring constantly.
3) Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth in a small bowl and add to wok. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Serve over rice. Enjoy!!