There’s nothing more inviting to me than scooping a spoonful of creamy peanut butter and then throwing a few chocolate chips on top. Best. Snack. Ever.
These cookies are so yummy. They’re a little crunchy on the outer rims with a chewy center that’s filled with melted chocolate chips. It’s like a perfect marriage of salty peanut butter and sweet chocolate in every bite. Oh joy!!
Chewy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Surprise Cookies:
Printable Version HERE – Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- about 1 cup chocolate chips
- sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Beat well until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into mixture. Mix well.
- Taking a spoonful of mixture, insert about 6 or 7 chocolate chips into the middle and cover completely with cookie dough, making sure no chocolate chips are visible.
- Roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Those are so pretty- such a neat idea stuffing them!
Yum! Those cookies look delicious! I’m following you back from What’s Cooking in the Burbs. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend! 🙂
Michelle C says
I am a PB junky… these cookies look delicious!
The Mandatory Mooch says
These look delicious!! I would love for you to link up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. The party is still open until Sunday night. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursday-4.html
Classy Clutter says
Craig would LOVE these! I’l have to try them out! Thanks for linking up to my blog sis!
Six Sisters says
We love everything about these cookies! Can’t wait to try them! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We loved having you and hope you will come back soon! -The Sisters
they look fantastic!!!
Fabulous cookies !
I’m definitely making these
Lady Behind The Curtain says
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your yummy cookie recipe has been chosen to be on Today’s Feature Post from Cast Party Wednesday! Thank You for sharing your recipe with us! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~
The Mandatory Mooch says
These sounds delicious!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you will link up again this week. The party will be live tonight. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com