There’s nothing more inviting to me than scooping a spoonful of creamy peanut butter and then throwing a few chocolate chips on top. Best. Snack. Ever.
These cookies are so yummy. They’re a little crunchy on the outer rims with a chewy center that’s filled with melted chocolate chips. It’s like a perfect marriage of salty peanut butter and sweet chocolate in every bite. Oh joy!!
Chewy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Surprise Cookies:
Printable Version HERE – Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- about 1 cup chocolate chips
- sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Beat well until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into mixture. Mix well.
- Taking a spoonful of mixture, insert about 6 or 7 chocolate chips into the middle and cover completely with cookie dough, making sure no chocolate chips are visible.
- Roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.