Can’t Resist (Crescent) Rolls:
Printable Recipe HERE
Yield 4 dozen rolls
- 2 (1.4-oz) packages of yeast
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 c. milk (I use 2%)
- 1 c. oil (I use canola)
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 8 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. butter (melted)
1. In a drinking glass, dissolve yeast in warm (but not hot) water with 1 tsp. sugar. In a microwavable large mixing bowl (I used my big Pampered Chef one) warm milk, sugar and oil for one minute. Add salt.
2. Add 2 cups flour and mix with mixer. Add eggs and beat. Stir in yeast mixture. Add three cups flour, beat again. Add last 3 cups flour and mix with a spoon.
3. Cover and let rise 2-3 hours, until size doubles…
4. Once doubled, separate dough into 4 equal balls.
5. Roll out each ball individually into a 1/4″ thick circle.
6. Brush with melted butter…
7. Add cut like a pizza into 12 pieces.
8. Roll into crescents…
9. And place on buttered cookie sheets – 2 dozen per sheet.
10. Once all dough is rolled out, cover with a dish towel and let rise for another hour.
11. Now bake ‘em for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F. If you don’t want to make 4 dozen dinner rolls, make 2 dozen and use the rest of the dough to make cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, etc.
Seriously, these rolls are amazing. Give them a try and let me know what you think!