Strawberry Cool Whip Cookies

Well, well, well. What do we have here? Another cookie recipe? Another pink recipe? Another Cool Whip recipe? Geez, am I ever predictable!!
I’m sort of obsessed with Cool Whip cookies. I love how easy they are. I love that they’re low fat and only have three ingredients. It really can’t get better than that. Oh wait, it can! You can use ANY cake mix with Cool Whip to make fun flavors! I’m on a pink kick because of upcoming Valentine’s Day, so I decided to add a strawberry cake mix in with my Cool Whip, two eggs and BAM. Awesomely festive cookies that my boys devoured. Nope. They didn’t care one bit that they were pink. But how could you? They’re so delicious and almost guilt-free! The perfect new year’s resolution compromise. Have you tried them yet?
Strawberry Cool Whip Cookies:
Printable Recipe HERE

Ingredients:

• 1 (18.25-oz) box strawberry cake mix
  • 1 (8-oz) container Cool Whip (I used Lite)
  • 2 eggs
  • powdered sugar, for rolling
Directions:
  1. Beat together Cool Whip and eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the cake mix and stir together. Dough will be thick and sticky. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper.
  3. Pour about 1/3 cup of powdered sugar into a small bowl. Drop chilled dough by tablespoon (I used a cookie scoop) into powdered sugar and roll dough around until covered and place on cookie sheet. Bake for about 9-12 minutes. Bake time depends on size of cookies so keep checking to see if cooked! Cool on baking rack and then ENJOY!!
If you’re looking for some more yummy dessert ideas, check these out:

Comments

1. says

Visiting from the Six Sisters’ link party … these are so pretty & I’m sure absolutely delicious too! Thanks for sharing ) Pinning!
    - Brenda @ ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

2. says

I’ve been seeing recipes for cool whip cookies. Do they make the cookies taste like cool whip or does it just give them a soft texture. Looks yummy and I like the use of the lite cool whip. Just pinned!

3. says

These cookies look wonderful. I have nominated you as my Host Favorite at the Foodie Friends Friday link party. Your recipe and site will be highlighted in our online magazine – Daily Dish.

Thank you for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com
    co-host for FFF

4. Paula Jones says

I am featuring your awesome cookies tomorrow at Saturday Dishes. Grab a badge if you’d like. Thanks for linking with us!

5. Carolyn says

I made these cookies because they looked and sounded delicious, but they were eggy and I couldn’t enjoy them. The egg aroma and taste was so strong, they filled my kitchen. Does anyone have any ideas to cut the egginess of these cookies? I’d like to taste the strawberry without tasting nothing but egg.

• says

I’m sorry they were eggy, Carolyn! I haven’t had that happen with these. I wonder if you tried just using the egg whites instead of the whole egg? Maybe it would take away that eggy flavor? In fact, I might try that this weekend and see how they turn out. Thanks for the comment!

Trackbacks