Okay, I know this looks like a bowl of cereal...
but look closer... ;)
It's basically a mix of Lucky Charms and Chex cereals, pretzels and peanuts tossed in a sweet syrup - and it's all done in the microwave! It only takes about 5 minutes to make and is so good! It's a pretty addicting treat so be careful...Pot o' Gold Cereal Snack Mix:
Print Recipe Here
- 4 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1-1/2 cups pretzel twists, broken into pieces
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- In a large microwaveable bowl, mix together cereals, broken pretzels and peanuts. Set aside.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Microwave on high for one minute and stir. Then microwave one more minute until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave cereal mixture uncovered on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl every 30 seconds, just until cereal begins to brown. Pour onto parchment or wax paper and let cool. Break into bite-size pieces and ENJOY!!
*recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
See the yummy clusters?
Looking for more yummy snacks?