Today my youngest turns TWO!!! I can’t believe it! It feels like just yesterday I was in the hospital having him! In honor of his big day, I’m sharing one of his favorite meals – pizza!
We try to get together every Monday evening to spend some quality time as a family. Making homemade pizzas is one of our favorite family activities. My boys love it and it really doesn’t take that long to make! We all help. My boys like to take turns kneading the dough. We split our dough into four small pizzas so we can have different toppings. Everyone helps spread the dough on the pans and put the toppings on. The pizzas turn out so yummy! Here are the recipes I use:
Easy Wheat Pizza Crust
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 envelope (or 2-1/4 tsp.) RapidRise Yeast
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120 degrees)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- cornmeal or cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine flour, undissolved yeast, and salt. Stir very warm water and olive oil into flour mixture. Add more flour if the dough needs it. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover dough ball and let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornmeal if desired. Divide dough into four balls. Roll/press dough into four small pizzas. (Or you can make one large pizza or two medium sized ones!) Top pizzas with pizza sauce recipe below and then your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or until done. Baking time depends on size and thickness of crust and toppings.
Super Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, garlic, oregano and basil and mix all together. Spread mixture over pizza crust.
BEFORE going into the oven:
AFTER coming out of the oven:
Print Recipe HERE
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats says
I’ve been looking for a quick and easy dough recipe for weeknights! Thank you so much. Can’t wait to try it!
Alison P. says
Yummy!! My recipe has to go in the bread machine and I have to plan ahead. This ones seems super easy and I might have to try it the next time I forget to put the dough in the bread machine in time 🙂
Raising Reagan says
Reagan and I love making our own pizzas! Thank you for the recipe ~ especially for the wheat crust!
Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. 🙂
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
Joseph Carr says
Your pizza’s making me hungry! They all look so cheesy and scrumptious! I think this recipe should be a must-try for everyone, not only is it easy, the ingredients are also very easy to find! It’s always available in our pantry and we can make it anytime we want too. I’ll ask my kids to help me prepare this, they’ll have lots of fun making the dough and putting toppings on it.
Shaun Nansel Whipple says
We’ve made this twice this week and everyone loves it! I never knew how easy it was to make your own dough!
Christie Daruwalla says
Love that this is a whole wheat dough. We will give it a try. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.
Love individual pizza so everyone can chose their own toppings!! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday linky party!