Here’s a simple and easy dinner perfect for any night of the week! This Orange-Thyme Grilled Shrimp is cooked in foil packets right on the grill! The orange and garlic flavors infuse the shrimp with deliciousness, making it moist and flavorful.
Our grill has been getting used like crazy this summer! I can’t stand the thought of turning on my oven every night for dinner. Cooking on the grill is just so darn easy.
One of my favorite things to grill are foil packet dinners. They’re so low maintenance and easy. You can grill just about anything in a foil packet. The flavors are intensified when cooking in foil because the liquid that’s inside is steaming and infusing the meat with flavor. Plus clean-up is so easy, just crumple up the foil and throw away!
Have you ever grilled foil packets before? If so, what’s your favorite thing to cook?
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- ¾ - 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1-1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme + fresh sprigs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- In a shallow dish or large Ziploc bag, combine shrimp, orange juice, orange zest, garlic, oil, chopped thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Cut two or three large rectangles of foil. Divide shrimp & marinade and place in center of foil rectangles.
- Close the foil lengthwise, top to bottom, folding over and pinching to close.
- Now close each side one at a time rolling up toward the middle.
- You can make 2-3 of these depending on how big your foil sheets are and how many shrimp are in each packet.
- Place foil packets onto preheated grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes on high heat. Cooking time all depends on the heat of the grill and amount of shrimp in each packet. Pull foil packets off grill and carefully open. Serve and enjoy!