If you haven’t noticed by now, I have a thing for fruit salads. I love them. This is such a great recipe to keep on hand because it’s quick & easy to throw together (hence the name, ha!). There’s something so refreshing about this salad. The citrus flavors cooked in with the pudding really stand out. I love the bits of tapioca in it, too. It’s great to serve alongside any kind of main dish!
I think my love of fruit salad stems from my childhood. We had fruit salad with almost every Sunday dinner. It’s almost like a dessert to me. Plus I’m always trying to get my boys to eat more fruit.
Not sure about you, but I always have like 2 open containers of strawberries in the fridge about to go bad. Maybe half a container of raspberries on the verge of mold and a bag of grapes that are starting to turn to raisins. In comes my OCD tendencies and I HAVE to use all of them up before they go bad! So I make a fruit salad.
This one is great for using up all the not-gone-bad-yet fruit in your fridge. It is the perfect combo of creamy and crunchy. It’s so refreshing and delicious. I hope you’ll give it a try!
- 1 4.6-oz package cook & serve vanilla pudding
- 1 3-oz package cook & serve tapioca pudding
- 1 large can mandarin oranges - keep the juice
- 1 large can pineapple tidbits - keep the juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Other fruit to add in such as: chopped apples, sliced bananas, sliced strawberries and/or grapes
- Using a mesh strainer, drain the cans of fruit into a large measuring cup. Add water to the juice if needed in order to make it equal 2-1/2 cups. Add in 1/2 cup lemon juice, so juice should equal 3 cups.
- Pour both puddings into a medium size saucepan. Add in juice and stir. Heat on medium, stirring until pudding is thickened. Take off heat and let cool.
- When cool, add in mandarin oranges, pineapple and any other fruit you desire. Serve it up and enjoy!
Erin- Table for 7 says
It so pretty Jen 🙂 Perfect for summer!
Madeline Fuhriman says
Mmm! Fruit salads are so great and perfect for summer! I love having new easy recipes to try. Thanks for the new recipe! 🙂
Susan Gann says
So delicious thank you!!