Want to use up those browning bananas on the cupboard? Try these Chocolate Banana Bars! They’re moist, chewy and have the slightest hint of banana taste. They’re healthier than most banana desserts and they taste amazing! My family loved them!
I buy bananas every time I’m at the grocery store. In fact, last week when I came home from the store with another big bundle of bananas, my husband had this exact reaction: “you bought MORE bananas?” Ha!
I’m always trying to eat healthier and for some reason bananas equal healthy to me. Not sure why. I think it stems back from my dancing days. I danced tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, ballet and pointe from age three to eighteen. Some of the best years of my life were spent at my dance studio! I was on the pom squad in high school and loved it.
Every one of my coaches or dance instructors always told us to have a banana before and/or after working out because they were the best snack you could eat, full of fiber and potassium. I still can’t walk by that banana stand at the grocery store without buying a big yellow bundle!
Anyway, back to the recipe…this is a healthier way to use up those browning bananas that nobody wants to eat. These bars are moist, chewy and the perfect amount of banana. My whole family loved them!
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup oatmeal (not quick)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease a 9 x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Combine cocoa powder, milk, melted butter and banana in a small bowl.
- Combine oatmeal, flour and sugar in a mixing bowl, mix well. Add wet ingredients into flour mixture, stir until well incorporated.
- Spoon into prepared pan, and level the top with a back of a spoon or spatula. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Let sit in the pan for 5 minutes, slice while they are still warm. Enjoy!!