These homemade tacos are the best beef tacos EVER! They’re super easy to throw together for a quick taco night dinner any night of the week!
Well, we survived our first week of school! Justin is getting used to having several teachers & classes in middle school and Chance is loving his 4th grade teacher and making new friends. Things are settling into a routine and I’m loving it!
With football practices, piano lessons and of course, school in session, it’s nice to have a handful of easy meals to fall back on when I only have a few minutes to make dinner for my family. These Homemade Tacos are one of those meals. They are SO simple to make! My boys get super excited when they see that I’m making these for dinner. The beef filling has such a great flavor for only having a few ingredients. Give these a try for your next “Taco Night” and I guarantee your family will love them!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- corn or flour tortillas (about 8-10)
- toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, avocado, sour cream, etc.
- Heat oil over large skillet over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about five minutes. Stir in tomato paste and chili powder. Add ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon until cooked through. Add salt and stir to combine.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray. Place a corn tortilla on skillet and heat, flipping over once golden and toasted. Repeat with remaining tortillas. If using flour, place a few tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds or until warm.
- Fill insides of heated tortillas with meat mixture and add any toppings desired. Serve and enjoy!